The last meeting of original tennis club occurred in February 1967. Tennis was popular in Lennox with at least two private courts, one being on the seafront adjacent to Mrs Mac’s flats (Ross Park) before finally succumbing to the ocean in the ‘50s. The community constructed new courts by 1959 on bushland at the northern edge of Williams Reserve.

Source: LHHC Image: C1930s LHHC D3;5