LENNOX HEAD COUNTRY WOMEN’S ASSOCIATION (CWA) formed in 1946 and began major fund raising to buy two blocks of land at the corner of Ross Street and Pacific Parade and construct their first hall by 1959. They continued diligently fund raising and on 27 April 1967, opened the hall’s first extension. Benefits they brought to the village by persistent campaigns were pedestrian crossings, a school bus, doctor, chemist and lifesaver, flood warning signs, public telephones, mail delivery and Neighbourhood Watch.

Compiled by R Hargrave Source: LHHC Photo: First extension opening LHHC