THE ROCKLEIGH CHEESE FACTORY was originally built by the Ainsworth family, north of Lake Ainsworth around 1910. Closed for some years, on 3 April 1935 it was officially opened and ‘The Northern Star’ of 8 April 1936 reported ‘J Ainsworth’s Rockleigh Cheese factory was second with 93.9 points in the “continuous grading of cheese section”’ at Sydney’s Royal Easter Show.

Source: LHHC. Photos: The Northern Star 29.01.1936