LENNOX HEAD BOWLING CLUB received approval from Tintenbar Shire Council in March 1960 for a 21 year lease for the site marked by Lennox, King, Gibbon and Stewart Streets. The land was donated by developers of Lennox Head Estate for the 1924 auction as Recreation Reserve, although it was 1956 until found as not officially transferred to Council.

Source: LHHC. Photo: Early 1960s Bowling Club and Bark Hut LHHC B5;2